Monday, February 18, 2008

Jumping chicken

IMG_0240 Okay, so there aren't any jumping chickens but my little jumping girl is eating chicken which is huge, huge I tell you. Shoot, this new addition to her diet has me jumping for joy!

IMG_0244 Maisie really doesn't eat meat of any kind so getting protein into her is challenging. So to have her finally enjoying chicken is wonderful and since Eammon and I love it too, it makes life easy on me. Mind you, she's finicky even with the chicken but I've found a few ways to make it so that she really enjoys it and asks for more, more, more!

IMG_0351 Before I share two simple recipes that have Maisie coming back for seconds, let me explain the piccies. Sunday morning we attended a birthday party for Tommy, one of our friends from Library play group. The party was held at The Playroom and Maisie loves it there spending all of her time jumping on the trampolines. The first two piccies are of Maisie on the tramps and the third picture down shows one of the rare moments when Maisie actually took a break and sat still.

IMG_0417 The final picture is from tonight, Maisie enjoying the dinner she helped to make, bbq chicken on biscuits. She really loved helping me cook but even more she enjoyed eating her creations.

Here are the links to two easy recipes which have Maisie eating and loving chicken. BBQ chicken quesadillas and BBQ chicken on biscuits.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Really cute pictures and I know what you mean about her being still- EK is the same way. I can't wait to try your chicken dishes- thanks for sharing. I LOVE to cook and am always wanting to serve something new. Hope you have a great Tuesday!!!
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long does it take for the chicken and broth to get to room temp? I have not heard of cooking chicken this way and would like to try it but want to make sure I give it enough time to cool:)
    My goal in life is to come to dinner at your house someday and eat desserts as you are a WONDERFUL cook. I do not care that you do not know me..we can bond over your COOKING and BAKING:)
    LOL
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! It is definitely a challenge when you have a picky eater...
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 AM

    Bok, bok Maisie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, I loved those sandwiches Debbie made. Briana did too! I am definitely going to make those.

    Cute piccies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! What a treat when kidlets learn to like (try!) a new food! Yeah Maisie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents had to hold me down and force feed me at that age I swear :)

    I can't believe how long it's been since visiting your blog. I don't know why, but you were out of my bloglines. Putting you back in :)

    When did Maisie turn into a little girl??? Time is passing much too quickly! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the cooking ideas. I am always trying something new. Tonight we had Hawaiin chicken wings. It was a first and they liked it. Your two will be on our list for next week. Maise is so cute. I love the first and last pictures the best. She is a bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo Hoo!!!

    It is SO much easier when the kids eat what you eat! You're doing heaps better than me - Harry's only really started eating what we eat - THIS YEAR!!! And he's 6!!! Then again... I think you're a heaps better cook than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa. If you ever go to the playroom again with Maisie just to hang out, I would love to take Briana along to check it out sometime. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I understand the bbq chicken recipes on the blog....

    Love the jumping photographs...Kai is now hopping like little frog.

    The looks on their faces is just priceless.

    Congrats on the new addition to Miss M's menu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds yummy. I'm gonna go take a look at your recipe. Ava's appetite seems to waiver more by the day then the actual food- she either feels like eating or she doesn't. Maisie is growing so tall- she looks adorable in her dress.
    Have a great weekend! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, I wanted to let you know that I made the BBQ Chicken Quesadillas for dinner tonight--they were delicious and went over fantastically well! Tom really loved them, and Chloe ate about three bites...which is good for her first time trying something new! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!!! I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails