Thursday, July 05, 2012

Painted fourth

IMG_4826eThis has been one very, very long week.  We of course have been kept busy with Maisie’s always busy schedule and we’ve had some workers doing a few projects around the house, thus making a mess in their wake which I’ve needed to attend to.

photo (8)eHere in Atlanta we’ve also “enjoyed” some  days of record setting temperatures, making the extra work oh-so-much-more pleasant.  In addition, this past week I took Maisie for her post-op and though I already knew in my heart that this would be the case, I found out that she has to have another, more invasive sinus surgery later this month.  Then for me on top of all that, I’ve been suffering with a major sinus infection and a wicked ~going on five days already~ migraine.

IMG_4829eLately just staying up and out of bed with my eyes semi-open has been a huge accomplishment so when the fourth rolled around I didn’t want to go anywhere, see anyone, entertain or be entertained, I just wanted a stay-at-home and have a do nothing sort of day and that’s just what we did. 

IMG_4831eThe fourth wasn’t a total loss as I actually did have a somewhat productive morning, including getting all these cute Maisie pictures.  My headache had dissipated somewhat thanks to long hours in bed and countless high-dose drugs so I decided to wash the inside and outside of all our first-floor windows (21 double hung) and French doors (3-double sets) but that activity and all the new bright unfiltered by dust and fingerprint light shining in spurred my headache on again and by 3PM I was back in my dark cool bed, eyes closed, drugged and trying not to lose the remaining acid in my stomach.  Yep that was it, my day was over at 3PM. 

IMG_4835eWhile I washed the windows and even later after I had put myself to bed, Maisie was great at keeping herself busy and entertained.  In the morning she asked to paint her body and play in the wiggly sprinkler so Eammon set out the sprinkler and I gave her the squeeze paint brushes and her favorite umbrella and she was a happy little girl. 

IMG_2290a It’s funny that Maisie asked to play with the paints in the sprinkler on this July 4th because even though I knew that it was something she’d done before and that I had pictures of it on the blog, what I didn’t remember was that it was exactly four years ago on July 4, 2008 that I posted the pictures of her out on the deck all covered with paint…such a wee cutie-patootie!

IMG_4837eMaisie crawled into bed with me around 7:30PM and she thankfully slept through fireworks set off by some of our neighbors.  It was a quiet, laid-back holiday for us, which was just what we needed as today it was back to busy and schedules.  Hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

I have been meaning to post this Curried Grilled Thai Chicken Salad for over a week now but as you read above, just staying out of bed and keeping up with day-to-day activities has been more than I’ve been able to handle.  I had to get this recipe posted though as this Curried Grilled Thai Chicken Salad was amazing.  I made it using leftover Grilled Thai Chicken from the dinner we enjoyed when Lisa, Doug & Briana came over to play two weekends ago but it would work wonderfully with leftover plain grilled chicken breast.  I hope that you’ll give this recipe a try.  Just click the link or the picture to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

IMG_4790e

Other wonderful recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook include: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake, Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad, Walnut Roca Squares, Uncle Bubba’s Shrimp & Grits, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Copycat “KFC” Coleslaw, Happy 6th Birthday Maisie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, Thin Mint Irish Coffee, Caramel Apples, “Rotisserie” Chicken, Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Mummy Hotdogs, Mango Upside Down Cake, Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens, Aloo Tikki, Pink Strawberry Cake Balls, Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake, Apple Dumplings, Rum Cured Salmon, Apple, Cranberry & Rhubarb Crisp, Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Sour Cream, Crunchy Oat, Almond, Cashew & Pebbles Granola Bars, Texas Chicken with Lime Butter, Biscoff Fudge, Eggnog Popovers with Cranberry Butter, Creamed Corn with Cheese and Cilantro, Potato Crusted Pork Chops, Oatmeal, Cashew & Chocolate Granola Bars, Texas Chicken Sandwich, Seared Scallops with Creamy Pesto & Lemon Pepper Pasta, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, Glazed Lemon Squares, Chang-Style Brussels Sprouts, Maisie “safe” No Bake Cookies, Ponderosa Lemon & Sour Cream Tart, Pork Dumplings with Rice Wrappers, Sweet & Spicy Apple Pork, Dark Chocolate Dipped Candied Lemon Peel, Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites, Double Chocolate Meyer Lemon Mousse Cake, Malted Pretzel Crunch, Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing, Apple Pancakes, Baked Egg & Avocado, Health(ier) Peanut Brittle, Crab Cake Stuffed Mushrooms, Broiled Sushi, Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter, Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Slow Cooker Chicken Curry, Slimmed Down Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Baked Meatballs, Skinny Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Fruit, Nut & Poppy Seed Chicken Salad, Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Hearty Sausage, Mushroom & Cheddar Mini Quiche, Strawberry Soup, Chicken Tenders, Mango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie, Lacy Cheese Crackers, Dried Cherry Almond Tart, Thai Cucumber Salad, Grilled Thai Chicken and Chili Maple Mustard Ribs.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Shauna3:17 AM

    I'm not sure if I've commented before or much at all, but I've been reading since before Maisie came home. Anyway, I really, really hope you guys start to feel better, it seems like you just can't catch a break! I can't even imagine how horrible having a migraine for that long along with everything else! Take it easy and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shauna, Thank you for being such a long time reader and for your good wishes to feel better. Thankfully my headache is over and may it never return. We are hopeful that Maisie's upcoming surgery will be the solution to her sinus issues and then it will be full steam ahead with a happy and healthy life.

      L~~

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa, your five day migraine plus sinus infection just makes me want to hide in bed myself! How dreadful. Glad to hear it is finally over and may it NEVER return. Poor thing!

    Cute pics of a painted Maisie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even begin to imagine a 5-day migraine! Poor you! I hope that never happens again. Maisie is as adorable as ever. Love the pic from 4 years ago - wow! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails