Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Easter Bunny fail

IMG_6861eI’m admitting it, I was a total loser Mom this year when it came to Easter as the bunny failed to show up at our home.  Shoot, I was a loser with Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day too…just couldn’t get it together this year.  Thankfully Maisie didn’t miss out totally as she participated in an Easter egg hunt at school.  It was a cold day here in Georgia but Maisie, her classmates and the other classes bundled up and had a good time gathering eggs.  Oh and on Easter Sunday, I wasn’t feeling well and slept until 1PM.  Maisie got up, got her breakfast and played happily not even remembering that it was Easter…until 3PM when she must have remembered and asked if the Easter bunny had come.  Eammon and I looked at each other, made up a lame story and let her pick some candy treats from her candy drawer.  She was happy and Easter was done.  Maybe by Christmas I’ll have my act together again!  (Above, Maisie and most of her classmates waiting for the egg hunt to begin.)

IMG_6862eAnd they’re off to pick up eggs. 

IMG_6877eMaisie, finished gathering her eggs.

 IMG_6878eMaisie and classmate Rose, being silly.

IMG_6882eThird graders checking out their booty.

New and delicious recipe posted over on Cook Lisa Cook for one of my favorite take-out foods, Dan Dan Noodles.  My version has all the wonderful flavors and spice of what we get at our favorite Szechuan restaurant but with a lot less calories and carbs as I used turkey in place of the pork and Shirataki noodles in place of wheat or rice noodles.  The first time I made these Dan Dan Noodles Eammon thought I had stopped at our favorite place, that’s how authentic they taste.  Bunny hop on over to Cook Lisa Cook for the recipe, just click on the picture or the link.

Dan Dan Noodles

More delicious poultry recipes on Cook Lisa Cook include:  Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Slimmed Down Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Copycat “KFC” Original Recipe Fried Chicken, Chinese Five Spice Wings, Chicken Satay Noodle Salad, Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken, Thai Massaman Curry, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Red Curry Chicken, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, “Rotisserie” Chicken, Cheaters Chicken Soup, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, Fire Roasted Tomato and Chicken Tortilla Soup, Tom Kha Gai, Chicken Tenders, Grilled Thai Chicken, Curried Grilled Thai Chicken Salad, Mom’s Curried Chicken Salad, Fruit, Nut & Poppy Seed Chicken Salad, Slow Cooker Chicken Curry, Home Style Chicken Curry, Texas Chicken with Lime Butter, Texas Chicken Sandwich, Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Oriental Chicken Salad, Thai Peanut Salad Chicken Dumpling Patties and Loaded Buffalo Chicken Texas Toast.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails