Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun days and tooth #4

Maisie is missing her friends in SLC, waking up in the morning and having playmates right in the house was a real treat for my girl. Though she's missing her SLC friends she was excited and happy to return to her gym and gymnastics teammates. We returned home late Wednesday night and Thursday and Friday Maisie spent her days in the gym. Saturday Maisie's teammate Sarah came for a play date.

 

The girls are really good at finding activities to keep themselves busy.

 

The day was somewhat overcast and Eammon and I were having people over for dinner so he and I both had preparations and chores keeping us busy. I decided that the girls could help too, by making a special Maisie "safe" dessert for the evening.

 

The girls did a great job stirring and mixing, sharing all the tasks.

 

The girls made chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispy bars. The recipe will post over on Cook Lisa Cook on August 15 as we made these as part of my Improv Cooking Challenge.

 

It wasn't all cooking and work, the girls had fun playing too. There were hula hoops, water balloons, games, bike & scooter riding, playing with chalk, general running around and of course some gymnastics.

 

When it came time for dinner the girls couldn't be bothered sitting with the adults and chose to have a table of their own.

 

After dinner the girls enjoyed the fruits of their labors, the Krispy treats were a big success.

 

It was a long (7.5 hr) and fun play date which made for a great night of sleep for my girl, infact she slept until 9:30 am...almost unheard. One very rested little girl and also one happy & rested Mama!

 

Today was an exciting day for Maisie as she lost tooth #4. She's one very happy girl and is looking forward to a visit from the tooth fairy tonight.

I had been working on some new recipe posts over on Cook Lisa Cook but while in SLC my computer wouldn't power up and when Eammon checked it out and brought it to the repair shop, we found out that it was the motherboard. I'm hoping that Eammon will be able to retrieve and save all the info from my hard drive but until I get a new laptop I'm limited to iPhone pictures and blogging on my iPad mini. So, not a new recipe but since I mentioned my Improv Cooking Challenge above I'm going to post one of my previous challenge recipes. These Salt & Vinegar Chip Crab Cakes were a huge success with all of us, especially Maisie so this is a recipe I'll be making time and time again. Click on the link to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

 

More Improv Cooking Challenge recipes available on Cook Lisa Cook:

May 2013 Cinnamon & Sugar: Cinnamon Bun Cookie Bars
April 2013 Bacon & Eggs: Mini Bacon & Swiss Quiche Cups
March 2013 Carrots & Peas: Mom’s Beef Vegetable Soup
February 2013 Hearts & Flours: Three Ingredient Fudgy Nutella Brownie Bites
January 2013 Bananas & Nutmeg: Baked Bananas
December 2012 Chocolate & Marshmallows: White Chocolate Marshmallow Cranberry Cashew Bark
November 2012 Sweet Potatoes & honey: Sweet Potato Glass Noodles with Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp
October 2012 Oatmeal & Raisins: S’mores Granola Bars
September 2012 Zucchini & Brown Sugar: Zucchini with Onion & Brown Sugar
August 2012 Tomatoes & Peppers: French Fries Hash Browns
July 2012 Corn & Butter: Fritos Crusted Pollock
June 2012 Cherries & Almonds: Dried Cherry Almond Tart
May 2012 Strawberries & Cream: Strawberry Soup
April 2012 Peanut butter & Jelly: Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
March 2012 Potato & Cheese: Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole
February 2012 Ginger & Carrots: Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
January 2012 Lemon & Sour Cream: Ponderosa Lemon & Sour Cream Tart
December 2011 Eggnog & Cranberries: Eggnog Popovers with Cranberry Butter
November 2011 Pumpkin & Cream Cheese: Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake
October 2011 Caramel & Apples: Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails